Sunday, January 24, 2010

Silver Sunday/ Spiritual Sunday

silversunday2

spiritualsundays

Thanks to Gypsy Fish  and Enchanting Cottage for hosting this Holy Day.

In my reading for today, I read these words by Norman Vincent Peale…..

What lies beyond the threshold of today, you do not know, nor do I.  We speculate, but we do not know.  Inescapable, however, we must cross that threshold.  And with the golden gift of hope, we can confidently, eagerly, optimistically.

This life is not easy!  It is often fraught with pain and suffering.  But hope gives you a lilting upthrust that takes you above the suffering.  Forty-second Psalm states “….hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God”.  What power in this text! 

I pray today for Sharon who is beginning her journey thru chemo and radiation and who is already sick and unable to eat.

I pray for all who are suffering and in need of God’s healing and unending love.

This is a picture of Sharon and I the day before she began her treatment at a luncheon she gave for her close friends.

sharon and I

I pray you have a blessed day.

new signature

8 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I hope that Sharon licks this thing, Barbara. I know she is grateful to have you and God in her corner.

XO,

Sheila :-)

The French Bear said...

How sweet you are, you know if we all pray together!!!
Blessings to you for thinking of your friend first, God will look after her.
Hugs,
Margaret B

Sue said...

I really hope that Sharon at least can feel well enough to manage the treatment. She is very lucky to have you as her friend. Every day is one step closer to the end of treatment and to good health.

Sue

Marigene said...

My thoughts and prayers are with Sharon

Gypsy Fish said...

My prayers go out to your friend Sharon...thanks for your thoughts today. Thanks for coming....see you next Sunday!
{{gypsy hugs}}
Beth

Justabeachkat said...

What a sweet photo! I just stopped and prayed for Sharon...and for you. I know how hard it is to stand beside someone we love when times are tough. She's so lucky to have you as her friend.

Hugs!
Kat

Sarah said...

Will keep your friend in my thoughts as she begins this difficult journey.

Kitt said...

What a lovely photo and the love for your friend matches it beautifully. Prayers and best wishes for you both.