Saturday, March 28, 2009

One of my favorite recipes from South Louisiana

 

Corn Macque Choux

1 can (14oz.) cream style corn

1 can (10 oz.) whole kernel corn

1 tablespoon sugar

1 egg, beaten

1  tablespoon cornstarch

1 package dry onion soup mix

1/2 cup diced onion

1/2 cup diced bell pepper

1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic

Cajun seasoning…..salt, pepper and a little red pepper

1 medium tomato peeled and diced or 1/4 cup tomato sauce. 

Mix all ingredients and cook until thickens.

 

 

Goats…..thanks for your loving comments,  one of Mama’s babies died and I don’t know what happened.  He was not the little one I was worried about. I am still worried about the littlest one, will have to wait to daylight to see if he made it.  I will get my camera from Sharon today, so look out next week for pictures from a proud  substitute mother.

 

See Y’all

Barbara

1 comment:

Southern Lady said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Mama's baby, Barbara. I hope the little one will be okay.

Take care ...

Janie