Monday, February 23, 2009

Purchases made on Friday’s Fun Day

 

There were so many beautiful things to see, and I love to look at them, but I am not shabby chic or live in a wonderful cottage.

My style and furniture is eclectic.

001

Sharon and I both bought one of these metal bird baths.  Laurie had them on long tables filled with flowers, etc as center pieces.  My table is too small, so I will put it on floor and decorate it for Easter. 002

006

Here is a roll of burlap wired ribbon,  several rolls of green moss, green eggs, a nest and I bought 6 of the square white plates.

I have lots of Easter stuff, so I just picked out things to redo and add to my stuff.

 009

This is Roy’s Waterford Ships Decanter. He is so proud of it.

Changing the subject completely…

I have pictures of my tomato plants.

003

Sorry the sun was very bright, but they have really grown.  I can’t wait for some real tomatoes.

I am off this morning to take Fritz (very large black dog, part Chow) to the vet to have them cut some of his hair and give him a bath. 

While that is happening, a quick trip to College Station to pick up a few things.

Roy has gone to Corpus Christi to see his mother, we received a phone call Saturday night that she is very close to the end.  They have taken her to the hospital. Please pray for her and Roy, he is taking this very hard.

The cancer has spread throughout her whole body and she is in a great deal of pain.

Your prayers will be greatly appreciated.

See Y’all.

Barbara

4 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Barbara, I'm sorry about Roy's mother. Cancer is a brutal beast, and I will rejoice when it is someday erased from this earth. I just said a prayer for his mother and Roy and you, too.

I have to smile because I bought some white plates years ago like the ones you bought! I use mine as chargers to set a pretty table, but I might do something else with them. :-)

Love your birdbath, too. Neat find!

Have a lovely day...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Southern Lady said...

Barbara,

I enjoyed your visit to Canton, and look forward to seeing what you do with your pretty purchases for Easter.

I'm very sorry about Roy's mother and pray that God will hold all of you close during this sad time.

Sincerely,

Janie

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about Roy's mother. My father passed away from cancer over 20 years ago.
My thoughts and prayers for you all.

I love the metal bird baths. You have some great finds.
Pam

Anonymous said...

DEAR BARBARA,
I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR ROY AND HIS MOTHER.
CANCER IS A VERY UGLY THING THAT CAUSES SUCH SUFFERING BOTH FOR THE PERSON WHO HAS IT AND THE FAMILY THAT LOVES THEM SO.
I AM GLAD YOU HAD A NICE DAY OF SHOPPING THE OTHER DAY.
HUGS
debbie