Friday, February 20, 2009

Yesterday and Today!

 

Yesterday was Bridge Club and guess who had the highest score…yep..the Purple Goat Lady.  We all had a great time, there was lots of laughter and great desserts provided by the hostess. We all bring our own lunch.

TODAY, I am so excited, Sharon and I are headed to Canton for the first Serendipity Market given by Laurie Anna at Laurie Anna’s Vintage Home.  She will be joined by Patina Green and  Willow Nest Farms displaying their wares for Spring.  They are serving Champagne this morn and I am sure it will be a gala affair.  Sharon and I are leaving at 7:30, it is about 100 miles, but you know that is just a short day trip in Texas. I will take pictures to share with those who live to far away to join us.

Janie at Southern Lagniappe won the heart bracelet at Valentine’s and I resized it for her to give to her granddaughter Avery. She was so kind as to sent me pictures of Avery opening the gift.  Thoughtful things like that  make and keep the world a wonderful place to be.  Thanks Janie!

I taught a class in the Texas Prison System for 4 years preparing men to return to society with some skills to help them be better and more productive citizens.  We talked every morn about random acts of kindness, and some actually tried to do that within the walls of the prison.

Some days I forget, but since I have started blogging, I am trying harder to do at least one act of kindness everyday.  I know most of you do, but if not join me in my efforts.

I will leave you with a recipe today.  One of my favorite cookbook is Southern Sideboards from the Junior League of Jackson, Mississippi.

 

Stuffed Spice Peaches

2 (29 oz) jars of spiced peaches (reserve juice)

2 (3oz) packages orange gelatin

8 ounces cream cheese, softened

1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped pecans

1 to 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise

Grease a 6-cup ring mold lightly with oil.  Bring peach juice to a boil; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool  Mix cream cheese, pecans and mayo. 

Remove the seed from each peach and stuff with the cream cheese mixture.

Press the halves back together so that the peaches appear whole.  Place stuffed peaches close together in mold and pour gelatin over them.  Refrigerate until congealed.  Turn out of mold onto lettuce covered tray.  Serve with mayo.   Serves 12

ENJOY!

 

See Y’all

Barbara

1 comment:

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

It was so nice to see you at Serendipity Market! Thanks so much for joining us!

LaurieAnna