Saturday, December 20, 2008

DICKENS ON THE STRAND

I wrote earlier about our weekend in Galveston. My camera is now up and running, so I would like to share some pictures with you. Here are just a few pictures, I hope you enjoy, remember this street had 6feet of water after Hurricane Ike.

 

 

dickens on the strand 006

These are just people who were attending the event.  So many people come in costume and those that do can walk in the Queen's parade.

 

 

 

 

 

odickens on the strand 022

Doesn't this man look just like the real "Jack Sparrow"?

He even gave me a card that said the other Jack Sparrow.renspace.com.  It also says to email the picture you take of the two of us and he will put them on his web site.  I didn't take my picture with him.

 

 dickens on the strand 011There were about 6 riders with different

size bike.  They are so fun to watch.

 

dickens on the strand 009

 

He was part of the Historical Society.

dickens on the strand 014

dickens on the strand 017

 

The Queen's guard.  The Queen rides in the parade, but my camera battery died .  Typical!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to Dickens on the Strand about 8 years ago, glad to see they are still around.