Monday, December 1, 2008

Help Is On The Way!

Today I have a young man from El Salvador coming to work for about 4 days. Roy is still gone, so this is a blessing for me.
His name is Danny and he is one of the most pleasant young man I have encountered in a long time. He told me, he lives in a travel trailer with his sister and her husband. His parents are still in El Salvador and they are field workers. He has a limp and some fingers crooked on one hand and the best we can understand is it happen on some kind of machinery.But believe me, it doesn't slow him down. He also related to me that he walked 1 month to get here. We ask about his parents coming and he said they had no car and couldn't walk that far.

A Hispanic lady at the resturant explained to me that El Salvador has the same currency as the United States and that the average pay is about $5.00 a day.

I know Thanksgiving has come and gone, but in this country we should always be thankful.

I look forward to my four days with Danny.

Well, on the lighter side, Roy and I are headed to Galveston on Friday for Dickens on the Strand.
We realize that it will not be the same as years gone by, but we want to lend our support and some money to these people who lost so much and have worked to hard to return to normal...... And I MIGHT ADD DID THIS MOSTLY ON THEIR OWN ......not sitting around waiting for someone else to do it. I am proud to be a Texan.

I am off my soap box for now.....see you soon.

No comments: