Sunday, December 28, 2008

Testing New Recipes for My Bunko Buddies

I belong to two Bunko groups and I am hostess for both in Jan., so I am trying out new recipes on Roy.  Last night I made a Vegetable Beef Stew  in my slow cooker.

3/4 lb. lean stew meat in 1/2 cubes

1 can (14 1/2 oz.) beef broth

1 can (14 1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes, cut up

1 1/2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash

1 cup frozen corn, thawed

6 dried apricot or peach halves, quartered

1/2 cup chopped carrots

1 teaspoon dried oregano

1/4 teaspoon salt & pepper

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1/4 cup water

Brown beef and transfer to slow cooker. Add broth, tomatoes, squash, corn, apricots,carrots, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook on high for 5-6 hours or until vegetables and meat are tender.

Combine cornstarch and water;  stir into stew. Cook on high for thirty minutes or until gravy thickens. Serves 4.

 

stew 002

Roy was pleasantly surprised..what no potatoes?  After eating a bowl, he said it was definitely a keeper.

 

apron-goat

 

 

I am making tablecloths and napkins for the card tables, we eat at 11:30, then play and eat dessert after we finish playing 15 to 21 games.

I set up at the lake house, this way I don't have to worry about dogs and cats and the lake house is always clean thanks to my helper, Gloria.

I was going to make bunko bracelets for everyone, but don't think I have enough time now, so I will save them for favors later.

You all should come to Texas for bunko, we have a "Texas Big Time" and the food is great.

See Ya'll,

Barbara

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am back again and I am trying to decide wether to blog or not. I am like you,just a regular" housewife with grown children. I am not real crafty either, but it looks like you are having a good time.
Seriously considering it...