Thursday, January 8, 2009

I thought I would show you some of my jewelry

jewelry 001

I just started making jewelry and I certainly need to go to some classes, which I hope to do in February,  My only real problem is that the nearest class is 60 miles away and so many of them are at night.  I saw some day classes in Houston, I may try some of those.

jewelry 002This necklace was one of the first and it is made of beach glass and some pearls. It is probably my favorite because the glass came from Crystal Beach.

 

 

This one is for my daughter.......she loves red!

jewelry 003 

jewelry 004 

jewelry 005

I also like the animal print necklace....I have a lot to wear this one with.

jewelry 007

This is a cat pin and a valentine bracelet.

I am headed to Houston today to try to find more valentine beads.

Remember I am far from being a jewelry maker, but I enjoy it.  It is not an inexpensive hobby, good beads are very expensive and it is easy to acquire a lot of them in a short period of time.

Thanks for indulging me in looking at my work.  Hope you are having a great day.

Oh, by the way we had a great day Wednesday at Bunko. I couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of friends to spend the day with and I got some great hostess gifts and lots of compliments.  We will do it again with a few different ladies on Tuesday.

See Ya'll,

Barbara

1 comment:

Southern Lady said...

Barbara, I love all of your creations, but the animal print necklace is my favorite. You're so smart to be able to make such beautiful jewelry without any lessons.

Keep up the good work and show us some more!

Sincerely,

Janie