Sunday, January 18, 2009

TEXAS TODAY CAKE

I found this recipe recently and intended to try it, but lately I haven't had the time. I thought I would share it with all of you and hopefully someone will make it and tell us about it.

TEXAS TODAY CAKE
1 box lemon or yellow cake mix
1 pkg. Mexican style corn muffin mix
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1/2 cup nectar, mango
1/2 cup bitter orange juice ( substitute: juice of one orange and one lime)
1/2 cup carrots, finely grated and chopped
1 medium avocado
1 small sweet potato
1 small banana
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cilantro, dried
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried orange peel
1 teaspoon mint, dried
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 cup coconut, flaked
1/4 cup mixed nuts chopped
2 ounces beef jerky chopped

Preheat oven to 356 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan. Put mixes , oil, eggs, juices, vegetables, fruits, vanilla and spices in bowl and mix for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add coconut, nuts and jerky and mix another 2 minutes. Pour into bundt pan and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then turn onto cooling rack or plate. If desired, mix 1/4 cup mango nectar and 1/4 cup bitter orange juice and pour over cooled cake.

COOKS TIP This melange of ingredients produces a very moist cake with a complex Sweet/sour/spicy flavor that keeps well in the refrigerator.

On second thought, just send me a piece!

I am still having some problelms with new computer, hopefully by next week all things will be corrected.

Time to prepare for the coming into office of a new President. I am already reading news articles saying his new proposals for stimulating the economy are not going to work. I am sure most of us were aware that this was going to be long complicated road back to stabillity in our economy.
I hear so much doom and gloom from news and everyday people, but I have hope and I think we all need to have hope and mainly hope that God will guide our leaders in the right direction.

"Begin tomorrow with hope. Unlock the mysterious door of the future with the golden key of hope in God."

I hope this a great day in your life. Come back soon.

See Ya'll
Barbara

5 comments:

Southern Lady said...

Hi, Barbara ...

Your "Texas Today Cake" sounds interesting ... I've never seen such a variety of ingredients, and I'll bet it's very good.

I didn't receive your e-mail note about my post for today, but did receive your comment about it. Could you send the e-mail again, please?

Hope you have a nice and restful Sunday.

Sincerely,

Janie

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

That cake recipe is certainly different! I think the Pioneer Woman should bake it and let us know how it tastes.

Have a blessed week Barbara.

Brook

Shelley said...

This does sound interesting - so many different ingredients!

Rhondi said...

Hi Barbara
I'll be glad to add you to my list. Thanks for leaving a comment. Boy that cake sounds good!
Hugs, Rhondi

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Barbara

Thanks for your visit tonight. I hope you'll visit again...you're always welcome.

That recipe is very different. Hmmmmm....I don't think it's one I'll try, but I'll be interested to see if someone does.

Hugs!
Kat